Qui Tam, Whistleblower

California Whistleblower Law Lawyer

Qui Tam and Whistleblower Attorney to Defend Your Rights

  • What if your employer has contracted with the government and overbilled for services or products rendered and you know about it?
  • What if you have witnessed wrongdoing or unsafe conditions at work and have reported it directly to your employer or to a government agency?

Being in either of those positions can be extremely stressful on your personal life and your career. Nonetheless, you have certain legal protections after you have reported wrongdoing.

Report Wrongdoing and Be Legally Protected. Call theLaw Office of Frank S. Clowney, III, at 866.604.1775 or 619.618.2419 ore-mail my office.

If the federal government has been defrauded, you have a right to hire a private attorney and bring forth a lawsuit to recover government losses and share in any compensation recovered. This is called Qui Tam pro domino rege quam pro si ipso in hac prate sequitur, which means, "Who sues on behalf of the King, as well as for Himself."

In 2001, nearly $1.2 billion of the Department of Justice's settlements and judgments related to cases under the federal whistleblower statute that allows people who reveal fraud to share in the government's recovery. From 2000-2001, whistleblowers were awarded more than $210 million.*

As an experienced employee rights' attorney, I have represented clients wrongfully terminated for reporting fraud, unsafe conditions or illegal conduct in the workplace.

Supporting the Whistleblower Is My Job

Whistleblower laws are in effect precisely to protect employees who have the courage to step forward and stand up for what is right. I can be a support for you throughout this process as I legally advocate for your rights.

I know how much this can weigh on your well being and will fight vigorously and skillfully for your rights. If your employer has taken any retaliatory action against you, I can seek remedies under the law.

What you don't know can hurt you. It has happened on many occasions that as I was exploring one employment law matter with a client, we have discovered additional illegal actions committed by an employer. Contact me today. Call 866.604.1775 or 619.618.2419.

*Department of Justice, News Release, November 14, 2001